Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 308 ...Stampin' Saturday.....

Check out the challenge today @ 365 Cards - the challenge was to stamp on some ribbon and use it on your card - I stamped on ribbon once about 4 years ago to tie onto a scrapbook - it worked but wasn't sure if there was a better or different way to do this - Gloria gave some good advice - tape down some twill at each end before you stamp it, use Stazon Ink - and use a stamp wider than the ribbon - well I followed 2 out of 3 - I used a small dog bone stamp - and voila....instant stamped ribbon. The bone stamp is stampendous and the big stamp is great impressions - I also used a sakura glaze pen to color in the hearts and a bone paperclip!  Cuttlebug to emboss the dog at the top of the cardstock - my trick (in case anyone is wondering) some of the 2 x 2 I cut apart and just put tape on the top or bottom to act as the hinge - this way I can use them to emboss on different areas of my page.
One more day before back to work.....yuk! 
Oh ya - here is my card & thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Rose said...

well look at you girl! your a ribbon stampn' queen!!! this is super cute :)